Restaurant & Bar Association Nepal (REBAN) is establish in Marg, 2047 to connoisseur in between restaurant & bar entrepreneur, to safe and secure their right and assist to develop tourism industry of Nepal. The founder committee was as follows:
01. President Mr. Shyam Sunder Lal Kakshapati, Nanglo Pvt. Ltd.
02. Vice President Mr. Chet Narayan Kharel Ghumtee Restaurant
03. Gen. Secretary Mr. Sagar Man Shrestha La Dolce Vita Restaurant
04. Treasurer Mr. Ganesh Bahadur Pandey Jony Gorkha Restaurant
05. Jnt. Secretary Mr. Chandan Das Shretha Paradise Restaurant
06. Exec. Member Mr. Ram Gopal K. C. K.C.'s Restaurant & bar
07. Exec. Member Mr. Hirendra Tamrakar Helena's Restaurant
08. Exec. Member Mr. Dan Bahadur Bajracharya Rainbow Restaurant
09. Exec. Member Mr. Bijaya Kumar Shrestha Saino Restaurant & bar
10. Exec. Member Mr. Tejendra Nath Shrestha Third Eye Restaurant
Since establish REBAN is giving suggestions to make policy to the His Majesty Government in time to time. It is organizing seminar workshop etc. to make restaurant & bar is a tourism industry like hotels and participating. It is processing to make categorization of restaurant & bar and accept it's rules from HMG, Ministry of tourism and it is in process of action.
It has organized seminar & workshop with HMTTC about staff training and looking for the training opportunity in foreign country also through the FNCCI to promote member restaurant & bar staff's expertness. Similarly it has issue REBAN ID card for member restaurant & bar's staffs in consistency with police administration to easy while they walk in the night after over their duty. REBAN has chapter in Pokhara and it is going to operate next chapter in Chitawan in near future.
It has organizing Fun Food Festival regularly since 1995 to inform about various cuisine which is made in tourist restaurant to the public and to promote the member restaurant & bar also. Because of this type of festival, make help to publicity of internal tourism, so it is going to organize more food festival in Pantan, Bhaktapur and out of Kathmandu valley from this year.
Similarly it is going to organize staff health checking, scholarship for staff's children, housewife-cooking training and operate REBAN Fan club, teaching restaurant etc. in future respectively.